Buildings Insurance

Protecting your property and possessions offers you valuable peace of mind. We offer policies designed specifically to suit your individual needs.

What's it for?

If you have a mortgage, your lender will insist that your property (and their security) is protected by buildings insurance. It usually covers your property against loss or damage from many causes, including but not limited to; fire, flood or subsidence. Damage to fixed sanitary ware forming part of the building, as well as domestic outbuildings such as sheds, greenhouses and garages. 

If you purchase a leasehold property (such as a flat in a block of flats) the freeholder may have arranged buildings insurance for the whole block, in which case you may not need your own buildings policy.


Keeping costs down

If you have held buildings insurance before and have not claimed on the policy then you might qualify for a no claims discount.

More Information

Limitations and exclusions apply. Further information is available in the appropriate providers Policy Summary and Policy Booklet, copies of which are available on request. For insurance business we arrange policies from a carefully selected panel of insurers. As with all Insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply. Ask us for a list of insurers we offer insurance from.